Thursday, October 8, 2009

FICTION: Darren's Perilous Journey: P.329, I try to revive Merlin.

How could I blame America, when it had done so much for me, like educated me and shown me the dreams I would someday have of boats?

This Merlin fool couldn't be down for the count. After all, was he not this fabled and legended man of magic and mystery that had withstood the tests of time and sorcery?

So I dashed back to the lounging room and grabbed him by the shoulders.

"Come on, thy liege! You still got a spark or two left inside of you yet!"

Then, just like that, without warning, he suddenly lept up pushing me back off the cushioned seat and causing me to fall over.

"Oh dear!, he sclaimed. "What sort of predicament hath we been waylaid by now? The grand Arthur abducted, and for what? and for by whom? Methinks I already know of where to for he has been grabbed away!"

He paused and swirled his wizened finger high in the air, then brought it down quickly, pointing at the ground: "The Blue Foxes!"

I did a second take, and flinched in incomprehension? What the hell was he talking about?

And then, as if he was reading my mind, he iterated the long descent into hellishness that was being spurred on by the very dastardly band that had, moments ago, absconded with the would be subject of my hagriography.

"It's like this." he explained. "The Blue Foxes are a chillingly mysterious order, shrouded in ignorance and vehemence, whose codes and rules are few. Mainly, they seek the overthrow of Arthur, and the imprisonment of all Sodomites, and those who oppose the crusades.

"My all seeing Eye tells me that they are now, at this very moment, ensconced in a hideout, way out on the far edge of the galaxy, on a planet inhabited by freaky reptiles, who lust after nothing more than the very blood of true Aryans, the light of hair and blue of eye."

"If you need no other preparation, and if you lack the cowards hesitation, than off we be, my young sire."

Aww, doulbe schnaaap! Now, after all this mayhem and callous disregard for linear progression, I was fonna check out how they hang up in space, and come face to face with a bunch of bad guys.

But, then, when all was said and done, what was I to do? What choice had I ever had in all this. In my dreams of the boat incomparable, had I not already wagered my life against the snobbish hands of fate?

A life I had, to be lost, but a boat I had, to be gained.

I gave Merlyn a dominant male sort of wink, with a sharp downward nod of my head. and he needed no further permission. He waved his wand and a shower of sprinkling stardust befell us.

No sooner had the shower descended than were we ensconced in another world, a world of empty terrain, that we looked out upon from the confines of a blue dome.

But we were not alone. There was someone else in the room. he sat behind us, at a desk. He was smoking a cigar and bouncing a bottle of pills up and down in his hand.

Merlyn said "Commander Rushbo, I presume."

What the F yo!! Did he really mean all that? Could it really be true what he was saying and shit?

I couldn't believe it. Was this fat little dude the real El Rushbo? But he had supposedly been rounded up and exo-cutted for taking part in the attack on Obama.

I was freaked out. But, you know what? I didn't even have time to stay freaked out. Cause just then Commander Rushbo lept up with ferocious energy, like a vicious animal in attack mode, and pointed an AK gloccer at us.

Merlyn didn't even flinch. With a dainty flick of his wand, El Rushbo was suddenly entwined in a Wonder Woman rope.

Then, surprisingly, at least I was surprised, I mean, he used his wand to send the gun over to me.

He gave me a look of utter inhumanity, as if suddenly he were something different.

"Do it!" he commanded. "Put the little pig out of his misery. He's the guy that's planning to kill your hagriographical subject. And, he's a racist!"

What could I do. I was sure that if I didn't peel a cap in this fool, than Merlyn was totally gone open up all over me with a can of beat down.

But did I have it in me? And, was murder ever justified? The dilemmas were many. But, whatever I was to decide, I'd better do it quick!

page 645, kill the pig.
page 331, pull the gun on Merlyn
page 32, talk Merlyn down.

No comments: